Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Healthy Meat Loaf: Same greatness!

For dinner I made my very first meat loaf!! I love to cook and I had always watched my mom make it, but I never knew how. So today I made a heathier "just-as-tasty" version!

Some of my meatloaf ingredients were substituted for other ingredients!

Usual: Dairy Milk, Whole Eggs, Bread crumbs, and Meat loaf seasoning

My Version: Almond Milk (dairy free), Egg whites, NO bread crumbs, and Low sodium Meat Loaf seasoning! In addition I added Chopped Green peppers and Onion Powder!

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Heat oven to 350
-Mix your 93% lean beef with Low sodium Meat Loaf Seasoning, 1/2 cup of Almond Milk, 2 egg whites, and chopped green pepper (optional)
-Place the meat on an aluminum foil covered pan
-Form into a loaf! (Start with your meat in a rectangular shape and push the edges in to form loaf.
-Cook for 1 hour!
-Enjoy with a Romaine lettuce salad, steamed veggies, etc!

Ashley xox

No comments:

Post a Comment