Saturday, July 7, 2012

Making a Change

38+ days ago, I would have never dared to share what I would eat when I went out to eat. It was embarrassing and after I ate I would feel unworthy, disgusted, sick to my stomach (greasy food), and ashamed that I ate so much. I thought I would share with you all the food that I used to eat, and I promised myself I could never and would never go back to that routine. Take note that whatever I listed at that restaurant is what I ate in ONE SITTING.

McDonalds
 -- 2 McDoubles, large frie, and large strawberry shake OR large coke
Raising Canes Chicken Fingers
 --6 Chicken fingers, 2 Texas Style Toast, 2 sauces, large fries, and large sweet tea
Famous Dave's BBQ
--1 rack of rib, corn bread, chicken, beans, fries, and a margarita
Chipotle
 --Steak Burrito with lettuce, beans, rice, corn, salsa, guacamole and large bag of Tortilla chips w/ Guac
Wendy's
--10 Spicy nuggets, large chocolate frosty, 1 double decker burger, and large chili w/ crackers
 Churches Chicken
 -- 4 pieces of fried chicken, 2 cups of fried Okra, fries, 2-3 biscuits and soda
Jack N the Box
 -- 1 Jumbo jack, large fries, 2 tacos, and large strawberry shake
Wing Stop
-- 17 wings (I'm not kidding), large fries, 3 to 6 buttered rolls, and soda
 Pizza Hut
 -- 1/2 large pizza or 1 whole medium pizza, 6-8 wings, bread sticks OR cinnamon sticks, and soda
Chili's
-- Large margarita, Chips and Guacamole, 6 steak fajitas, and Cake w/ ice cream
 Ohana Hawaiian BBQ
--1 pound of (chicken and beef combo), 2 cups of rice, and macaroni salad
 Oyshi's Sushi
--4 to 6 rolls, which is equivalent to about 32 to 48 pieces, and ice cream

After looking at this list, it makes me sad to know I was killing myself like this....At the time the food made me excited to eat it because it was so good, but in the quantities I was eating it in, I could've been dead before 25. I'm grateful that God brought me to the Bouari Clinic so I could change the way I eat, and lead a better lifestyle. Not only was I eating this way, but my mom was eating this way too. We could have killed ourselves. Thank God that I woke up before it was too late. I can't eat like that anymore and I don't want to. In my mind I have always loved myself, but this food made me into a 330 pound 21 year old...That's not the life I want to live anymore and the Bouari Clinic has helped me to eat in a way that will help me live the long happy life that we all want to live.

Ashley xox

2 comments:

  1. You can still eat Chipotle on this diet! I <3 Chipotle. You can have a chicken or steak salad. But just omit the tortilla, cheese, sour cream, corn, guacamole, rice, and beans...it is still delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've tried it that way! Really yummy.

      Delete